Two Year Old Room Details
Posted in Rooms
We are so excited to have you and your two-year-old child in our classroom at Carriage House Early Learning Center! Two year olds can be very busy and require lots of individual attention and our incredible teachers at Carriage House in Breckenridge are ready to help. In order to make your transition into the two-year-old room as smooth as possible, here are some important things to know.
- First, it’s very important to remember that two-year-olds are constantly learning. Research shows that “play-based” learning, which we practice, is the most developmentally appropriate and effective.
Your child will be developing his/her fine and gross motor skills as well as self-help skills. We will begin setting the building blocks for language, literacy, math and science. We will provide many opportunities for art and sensory experiences which will support the development of your child’s creative mind.
- Be sure and check out our daily report board that tells you what fun things your child did that day! Nap times are posted too.
- We provide an organic snack in the morning at 10:00 a.m. and in the afternoon at 4:00 p.m. We offer water in our own cups. If you bring any cups from home, please label and bring straw cups. These are much better for your child’s postural development than “sippy” cups.
- We work on potty training daily. Your child has the option to sit on the toilet during diapering. Please let us know what strategies are used at home and we would love to do the same at school.
What your child will need in the Two Year Old Room
- Well balanced lunch (one serving of grains, proteins, fruits, veggies, and dairy)
- Sun Hat / Winter Hat
- Close-toed shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing (waterproof snowsuit, mittens and boots in winter)
- Change of clothes – please label and remember that we like kids to get “messy”, that means we are having fun, also keep that in mind when deciding what to wear at school!
- 1 package per month of alcohol-free unscented wipes.